In its quest to promote and encourage culture in Bizkaia, BBK opened the doors of the Sala BBK in 2010. The Sala BBK, located in Bilbao, is a space open to the dissemination of culture and all kinds of social and solidarity events that aim to supplement the cultural programme that the city offers.
Sala BBK programme
The Sala BBK programme in Bilbao has a wide-ranging, varied offer that includes the BBK seasons of Fado, Flamenco, Jazz, Music Legends and Musiketan, among others. Each year the hall also hosts film festivals, dance, activities intended for families, music and theatre.
New features in the Sala BBK programme
Since 2010 the Sala BBK in Bilbao has managed to consolidate regular top-quality shows in the cultural programme in Vizcaya. In this sense, in 2019 new seasons have been created to continue to encourage and promote culture with top-quality proposals that are accessible to all:
- “Emakumeok!”: a musical season featuring international female artists that aims to encourage top-quality music in various styles and formats, while raising awareness and boosting equal opportunities between men and women. In the first series of performances we were able to enjoy concerts by: Sarah McKenzie, Jacqui McShee’s Pentangle, Rosana, Luz Casal and Lizz Wright
- “Classic Express”: express 30-minute concerts that offer essential pieces of classical music at a reduced price. A glass of vermouth or a beer comes with the ticket with the aim of encouraging access for people who enjoy shopping or going out for a drink in the city
- “Kandelen Artean”: in this series of concerts, the Sala BBK turns into a live music club where by candlelight with a drink you can enjoy songs by Basque bands that are well-known to the public with an intimate accessible feel.
[INFOGRAPHIC BALANCE 2019] Data that will be included: Number of days with the programme, Number of events, event language (Spanish, Basque, others), type of show, Number of sessions and Attendance.
[H2] The Sala BBK on the inside
The Sala BBK in Bilbao has a 125-m2 stage and stalls that can seat 430 people. It also has a retractable seating system that makes it possible to create an open-plan space with room for about 600 standing spectators. The multiple functions of this space means it can stage a wide variety of events such as congresses, concerts, theatre, conferences or film screenings.
The hall is also an accessible space that has adapted washrooms and reserved spaces for people with disabilities or reduced mobility.
[H2] Sala BBK tickets
If you want to buy tickets for the forthcoming events at the Sala BBK, there are 3 ways that you can do this:
- At the Sala BBK ticket offices:
Mondays to Saturdays: 12:30 to 13:30 and 17:00 to 20:30
Sundays and Holidays: 17:00 to 20:30
- At the Kutxabank multi-service teller machines
- On the on-line tickets sale page