The library is fitted out with all the multimedia formats required to enjoy culture and learning through the resources and activities that are on offer.
This is an open-access space intended for all citizens with the aim of encouraging leisure, learning and culture through reading, study or research. To do this, it has a wide-ranging multidisciplinary, informational and up-to-date collection with more than 70,000 digital and physical documents, with the focus placed on modernity and on special collections (comics, health and wellness, leisure and hobbies, literature in various languages, etc.). It also has a lending service for books, CDs, DVDs and videogames.
The Mediateka BBK provides users with various services:
In order to encourage the responsible use of videogames, the Azkuna Zentroa has a space exclusively devoted to this question, the JokuPlay. This is a space for youngsters from the age of 14 to enjoy videogames. These games have been selected by experts in videogames to ensure that they are not dangerous for minors. The technological and table games on offer include non-violent and non-sexist proposals. The JokuPlay also organises educational activities that pass on positive values and encourage learning through play
The Mediateka BBK has a series of computers so that any user can access the Internet, consult the on-line catalogue and work with office IT tools
You don’t need to have a card to access this service. The computers can be used not just if you have the Az card but also if you only need to use them occasionally.
The Mediateka BBK also has a space for group work. Requirements and obligations:
- The group must be made up of a minimum of 2 people and a maximum of 8.
- You can book a space on the third floor of the Mediateka BBK, on the Internet, by phone (946 124 363), and on the terminals available in the Mediateka BBK no earlier than 15 days in advance. To do this, you need to show the Az Card or the RLPE card belonging to, at least, one of the members of the group.
- If 15 minutes have elapsed from the starting time of the reservation and the user or group has still not appeared, then the reservation will be considered to be cancelled.
- The maximum period that the BBK Space can be used for each day will be restricted to 2 hours in a row for the group of users, with a monthly maximum period of 12 hours per user
- The user hours for this space are the same as the opening hours of the Mediateka BBK. However, it must be vacated 15 minutes before the closing time of the Mediateka BBK.
La Mediateka BBK makes a set of audiovisual materials available to users, such as books or video games, which can be borrowed. It also provides a reprography service, which includes a set of printers and photocopiers so that the people who need them can use them under a self-service system
There are various spaces in the Mediateka spread over the 3 floors of the building. These spaces include: Txikiland, Kiosko, Komikteka, MediaLab rooms, study rooms and various sections with documents about different disciplines.